5 Supplements to help reduce Stress
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C will allow you to respond properly to life`s stresses and recover more quickly from them.
- Relora – promotes a feeling of relaxation and calm and reduces emotional over-eating leading to weight loss. It relieves stress, anxiety, anger and depression by suppressing over-production of cortisol. It is relaxing but not sedating.
- Rhodiola – is an adaptogenic herb which stabilises the stress response system. It enables you to deal with stress while feeling calm but also keeps your brain sharp, focused and able to perform at its peak. It increases energy and exercise endurance.
- SAMe – is an amino-acid derivative produced in the body. It works as an anti-depressant, pain reliever and to help improve arthritis.
- DHEA – is a natural hormone produced by your adrenal glands. It relieves stress, helps with weight loss and muscle gain, improves your libido, your sleep, your mood and your sense of well-being and counteracts the damaging effect of stress.
This information is solely for the purpose of education. It should not be construed nor is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment. It should not be used in place of the advice of your doctor or other qualified health provider. Always consult with your doctor or other qualified health provider before embarking on a new diet or supplement programme. Copyright: Alexandra Barton, Nutritional Therapist BANT